I'm afraid I still haven't managed to do much dyeing since we moved to West Sussex but I have found time to knit some items for my daughter's second child, Isabella, who was born on March 19th and is a sister for Milly. The photos below show:
1. A small blanket for the pushchair. It was knitted in a mixture of wool, silk and cashmere in a soft grey colour and decorated with a few crocheted flowers.
2. A (rather scary?) monkey, knitted at my daughter's request.
3. A doll that granddaughter Milly has rather taken to, so I'm now knitting one for her as well!
All the coloured yarns have been dyed with natural dyes, of course!
I have been trying to follow the advice on tablet weaving, given to me in comments from some experienced weavers. The problem seemed to be that I had been approaching tablet weaving in rather the same way as I approached tapestry weaving in the past, so I had left the weft far too loose and not pulled it in tightly enough. Clearly this was incorrect, so I've been trying to make the weaving much tighter.
I hope the photos below will show some improvement in my technique, although I can see that there is still room for further improvement.